Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dear Dad,

Remember how growing up you would always get after us, your darling children, for leaving the lights on around the house? I'm recalling epic light switch tirades in which you would stomp around turning off all the lights left on and then mutter to yourself how unnecessary all these lights were. Well, I'll have you know, I am now you. I'm the girl who will get up off the couch to turn the kitchen light off whilst simultaneously staring down the roommate who subsequently left said light on. I'm known now here in 4N as the one who always makes sure the lights are off. Its become almost a running joke with the roomies. I don't know whether to be upset or to thank you for passing this neurotic, yet money saving trait to me. But needless to say, I get it now.
Thoughtfully,
Your becoming-more-like-you-with-each-passing-day daughter

1 comment:

  1. Don't despair. You are really quite your own self. Of course we share a few genetic quirks, but that's to be expected. Remember, above all else, you are now a New Yorker. It was always in your blood anyway, and I will always just be a guy from Jersey (so close to NY, but still so far, eh).

    Dad

    ReplyDelete