Friday, December 2, 2011

Dear Grad School,

I get it now. That time at the start of the semester when the second year told me that the moments I feel beyond overwhelmed and that I will never get through it are completely normal moments everyone has. That time my advisor said there will be moments we want to quit, give up, call it good, and truly believe it was a mistake we ever got accepted into the program are normal thoughts. That time my professor said at one point or another we will all want to cry all the way home on the subway because of how much is left to do, and that breaking down and losing it and essentially becoming a great big ole hot mess is acceptable to do and will happen and its not big deal. Each of those times in the moment I didn't get it. I never thought I would feel like that. I get it now. Those moments have each come. So nice of you Grad School to make everyone feel connected through similar feelings. Thanks for that.
Sincerely,
Two Weeks till freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment